The new bar code, complete with the brand’s polo player logo, is in Ralph Lauren store windows. The point was to entice affluent men into stores and allow them to engage with the brand through a chance to win tickets to the US Open tennis tournament.
“The codes we create provide analytics to track scans and operating systems and that kind of stuff,” said Matt McKenna, founder and president of Red Fish Media, Miami. “It’s a great branding exercise.
“QR codes are generally boring, so having something branded that is in-line with the design and the promotion is a win,” he said.
“Custom QR codes have a three-to-one ratio of scans over traditional codes.”
- Mobile Marketing with QR Codes (runyoncm.wordpress.com)
- Do you know what a QR Code is? (innovationslab.wordpress.com)
- The Time for QR Codes is Still…Now (pallino1021.wordpress.com)
- Lots of Americans Scanning QR and Bar Codes With Their Phones (bjconquest.com)
- QR Codes ~ Basics for Coffeeshop Marketing (mocafe.wordpress.com)
- Are QR codes just a fad? (smallbizsurvival.com)
- What is a QR Code and How is it Being Used? (mycricket.com)