The new X-Men movie “X-Men First Class” will be advertised around London, UK using Near Field Communication (NFC) to take mobile users to a trailer or Facebook page via their NFC enabled phones. Proxima are providing the the technology and as far as I know this is the first time that NFC has been used in a public marketing campaign. Here is the press release in full:
Proxama delivers first NFC marketing campaign in UK for new X-Men movie. Date: 23 May 2011
The poster campaign features an exclusive movie trailer and a link to the X-Men film’s Facebook ‘like it’ which is accessed by tapping an NFC-enabled smart phone on poster sites around London. Each site has a pre-programmed NFC chip affixed to the rear of the poster.
Last month, Proxama announced that it was collaborating with Nokia on developing NFC-enabled phone applications for the new generation of smartphones and providing the management infrastructure and campaign reporting to support global marketing campaigns; the X-Men campaign is the first delivery of this collaboration that has also been developed in partnership with outdoor media specialist Posterscope, media owner JCDecaux and network operator O2.
The film’s tag line “Witness the moment that will change our world” is apt for this NFC campaign as it marks the first time that NFC has been used in a promotion to the public. It is expected that NFC will be adopted by many brands in forthcoming months who want to deliver effective ‘hyper-local’ marketing campaigns.
Continues at: First Public NFC Marketing Campaign.
- Proxama delivers first NFC marketing campaign in UK for new X-Men movie (kobn.wordpress.com)
- New X-Men Film Uses NFC Advertising (origin-www.trustedreviews.com)
- Proxama announces collaboration with Nokia on NFC (kobn.wordpress.com)
- NFC is the future of everything (dgui.wordpress.com)
- Demo: Near Field Communication (NFC) Concept for MeeGo (thenokiablog.com)
- Infineon’s Embedded Secure Element Brings Security to NFC-Enabled Smart Phones (silicontrust.wordpress.com)